Position: EDUCATOR (AUXILARY NURSE)
Schedule: BETWEEN 8:00 AM TO 5:00 PM (1 OR 2 SATURDAYS PER MONTH)
May need to travel to our Pointe-Claire clinic occasionally.
The Educator reports directly to the Nurse Coordinators and is responsible for ensuring proper education and consultation are provided to Santé Cannabis’ patients. The incumbent will be responsible for assessing patients’ needs and supporting the physician’s treatment plan, and will support the efficiency of the nursing department.
Santé Cannabis is a medical clinic, research and training centre where:
WE TRANSFORM MEDICINE
by leading the way towards better science, better patient care and better medical cannabis.
WE INNOVATE AND ADVOCATE
relentlessly to promote education and research that empower patients and caregivers.
WE’RE BUILDING A FUTURE
where evidence-based medical cannabis treatments will be fully integrated into the healthcare system and free of stigma; improving the quality of life of patients and the diverse communities that support them.
If you are looking to make a difference, are highly motivated, enjoy challenges, and want to be heard, this the right job for you!
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Being part of a dynamic, diverse and dedicated work environment
- Training budget set aside for your professional development
- Ability to grow within the company
- Flexible schedule
- Help with balancing work-life demands
- Wellness activities available to all employees
- Fun employee initiatives and dynamic employee appreciation rewards program
- Comprehensive benefits package including, health and dental coverage, RRSP company-matching program and 4 days paid time off yearly in addition to yearly paid vacation
- Provide individualized education and consultation services to clients and patients of Santé Cannabis, including the implementation the physician’s treatment plan, assessment of individual needs, selection of cannabis strains and licensed producer, ensure the careful and effective use of medical cannabis, and provide adequate and ongoing support and follow-ups;
- Develop educational programs and tools for Santé Cannabis’ clients;
- Support Santé Cannabis’ physicians to assess patients for cannabinoid and cannabis treatment and develop comprehensive treatment plans;
- Discuss the patient’s treatment with referring physicians and nurses;
- Prepare administrative letters and communications to support patient treatment plans;
- Consult the development of procedures and practice of education and awareness programs with the operational and medical team;
- Attend monthly medical team meetings as required;
- Support the Board of Directors with project development and implementation as required;
- Raise awareness in the clinic and services in the Montreal area;
- Perform outbound calls to Santé Cannabis’ patients;
- May be asked to prepare lectures, presentations and assist with the public relations of the clinic in Montreal and surrounding areas;
- Recruit as needed for clinical trials;
- Assist the research department as required;
- Support the clinic’s flow in partnership with the Medical Office Assistants;
- Collect research data and qualitative evaluation for appropriate follow-up;
- Propose changes and evolution of treatment plans in accordance with clinical treatment protocols and with the approval of the physicians;
- Assist with individualized education and follow-up as required;
- Consult with physicians regarding treatment plans, setting up dosage and titration, monitoring the safety and efficacy of cannabis treatments;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) – Health, Assistance, and Nursing or Professional study diploma in nursing, or related field
- OIIAQ in good-standing
- Fluent in French and English (both written and spoken)
- Professional and discreet
- Client-focused and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good clinical judgment and implementation of solutions
- Accountable, motivated and able to work independently and as part of team
- Critical thinking
- Excellent sense of urgency, prioritization and time management
- Ability to adapt in a fast and dynamic environment
- Ability to learn new computer programs (efficient with MAC computer)
If you are interested, please submit your CV and letter of motivation. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
At Santé Cannabis, diversity is part of our identity and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer for all employees, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability, veteran status or any other discriminatory characteristic.
- Essential – Diploma in nursing or relating field
- Essential – Valid nursing permit from OIIAQ
Knowledge and abilities
- Asset – Take blood samples
- Essential – Fluent in French and English (written and spoken)
Salary benefits : Assurances collectives – REER collectif
Established in 2014, Santé Cannabis is Québec’s first medical clinic and resource centre specializing in cannabis for medical purposes. Santé Cannabis is a centre of excellence in cannabis and cannabinoid therapeutics and is committed to medical…