LASIK MD is looking for a Recovery Room Registered Nurse. If you are motivated by the opportunity to change people’s lives by offering an amazing service and the chance of building your career with a leading, highly engaged, and dynamic company, then what are you waiting for? Join our team today!
- We have flexible positions for you, depending on your availabilities: casual, part-time (0.6 FTE) or full-time (0.8 FTE)
- Above market compensation packages
- Interested in relocating for this great position with us? We offer the possibility of a relocation packages to new hires!
- We offer in-house surgical assistance training and great work-life balance with our week days only day time hours (no nights, no week-ends).
Your mission as a Recovery Room Nurse
Recovery room Nurses are Registered Nurses (RNs) who assist in surgical procedures by managing patient’s pre-operative and post-operative care.
Reporting to the Medical Director and working closely with the surgeons and supporting staff, the recovery room nurse provides quality service and care to patients undergoing surgery. As a multidisciplinary team member, the nurse participates in and provides, through application of knowledge, in the areas of anatomy, physiology, disease, pathology, and patient management, as directed by the surgeon.
- Assist the Coordinator in planning, organizing and scheduling surgery days
- Assist with medical supply inventory
- Ensure the integrity of data in patient files
- Ensures that traffic areas are safe
- Collaborates and participates in standards of asepsis and infection prevention & control
- Any other tasks as per required by the Medical Director or management team.
Before the surgery:
- Manage patients’ admission processes
- Assess the status of patients’ health in pre-op and ensure accuracy of identification
- Determine the surgeon and procedure being carried out
- Take and record vital statistics of patients to ensure readiness for surgical procedure
After the surgery
- Assess patients’ condition after a surgery has been performed
- Ensure that all vitals are within normal range
- Answer patients’ questions and ensure that they are kept comfortable
- Initiate patient education programs to ensure that both patients and families are educated on procedures and medications
- Determine when patients are ready to go home
- Perform intervention duties in cases of post-operative emergencies
Education & Experience:
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses’ of British Columbia (CRNBC)
- Post-anesthesia recovery room certification or Critical Care Certificate
- BLS certification
- Relevant education and previous experience with cataract patients
This is permanent, full-time, or part-time casual position. This position might involve regular travel in Victoria and Vancouver areas. An above market competitive compensation for this position is offered. A full training is given to all new hires.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.