Visiting Canada on a visitor’s visa

Image module

Many people want to come to Canada to visit, attend or participate in an event. Others will want to come just to get to know the Canadian landscape. No matter what your reason for wanting to visit Canada, it is possible to do so. Canada welcomes approximately 35 million temporary residents each year.

It is mandatory to obtain a TRV, unless you are exempt due to your country of citizenship and, if so, you will need an AVE. In both cases we can help you with your application.

It is very important to demonstrate the temporary nature of your planned stay in Canada and to be able to show that you have the necessary funds to support yourself for the duration of your stay.

Your health status and lack of criminal record may also be considered. Once in Canada, you will have the opportunity to extend your stay as a visitor for an additional six months. We can help you get your visitor’s visa. Do not hesitate to contact us for more information.

Business visitors to Canada

A business visitor is someone who comes to Canada from abroad to participate in international business activities, without the intention of re-entering the workforce.

Business Visitor Requirements:

  • Intend to stay in Canada for a short period of time;
  • Do not intend to enter the Canadian labour market;
  • Their place of business and source of income must be outside of Canada;
  • The profits of their business must come from outside;
  • Meet the requirements for entry into Canada

The most common activities for which a person may come to Canada as a business visitor are

  • Participate in business meetings, conferences, conventions, fairs, etc;
  • Purchasing Canadian goods or services on behalf of a foreign entity;
  • Place orders for goods or services;
  • Provide after-sales service, excluding services for the construction trades;
  • Training by a Canadian parent company for work outside of Canada;
  • Training of employees of a Canadian subsidiary of a foreign company.

Are you planning to visit Canada on business and wondering if you need a work permit or a special visa to enter Canada? Generally no, as long as you are coming to Canada to engage in international business activities and are not directly entering the Canadian labour market.

However, keep in mind that the requirements for a visitor’s visa and an AVE remain the same whether you are entering Canada as a visitor or a business visitor. Take the time to find out what you need to know because in some cases, a work permit may be required.

To find out if any of the above situations apply to your company, please contact us.

Contact us for your request