The Quebec Experience Program is designed to encourage Quebec graduate students and individuals who have worked in Quebec temporarily to remain in Quebec permanently with appropriate status.
This program has two components
- Quebec City graduates
- Temporary skilled workers in employment
Unlike the regular skilled worker program, selection for this program is not based on a selection grid and does not take into consideration the characteristics of the spouse or common-law partner.
What is a Quebec graduate
A graduate in the sense of the Quebec Experience Program is someone who has stayed in Quebec for the primary purpose of studying after having been authorized to do so. The studies must be carried out in a school board, a CEGEP or a college whose training program is recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation, de l’Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche (MÉESR)
- You must intend to settle in Quebec to work;
- You must have complied with the conditions of your stay during your study;
- Your degree must be earned within the last 36 months;
- Your study must have been conducted for at least 1800 hours (2 years);
- You must demonstrate your French language skills;
Please note that not all programs of study make you eligible for the Quebec Experience Program.